Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why I Got Married

When I met my husband, I found him to be a little creepy.  In no way, did I ever think that I would fall for a man in old man leather tennis shoes.  But somehow, over time he grew on me, and I knew we would spend the rest of our lives together. 

The last two years have been a real struggle.  My husband lost his business, went through a bout of depression, and was unemployed.  Today, things are better, I don't like the job he has, but it does help pay the bills and he is home more often which is always a good thing.  We both quit smoking and have put on the pounds, so that will need to be addressed very soon otherwise there will be no swimsuit season for me.

I have often wondered why I ever wanted to get married.  I am independent, don't mind being alone, love to be free to do what I please....so what was missing?? I guess it was having someone else in my life that loved me for me that wasn't part of my family tree.  He has been a blessing, even though these last two years have been extremely hard.  I am learning to ease up, let him take on the role of disciplining the kids, which has helped me a ton.  I stress out a lot because my step kids weren't raised in a so called "normal" household which isn't a bad thing, it just brings on more challenges.

I cried a lot last night when I told my husband how I felt about his health, the kids, and my life... but in the end, I felt better and knew why I got married to him.  Marriage is hard, but living without the person I love would be impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment